Pets offer the homeless joy, a sense of family and emotional comfort. We are one of the few organizations that assists struggling pet owners by helping their pets. OBOL is committed to the human-pet bond and the benefits that bond brings.
OBOL donates nutritious food, blankets, pet beds, leashes, collars, harnesses, toys, pet clothes and other critical supplies to keep pets of the homeless happy and healthy, and thus allowing them to stay with their loving, human companions, rather than being relinquished to overpopulated shelters with high euthanasia rates.
No homeless person should have their pets taken away because they can’t afford the necessary supplies for their pets’ survival. No pets should go hungry, be uncomfortable or suffer. That is what OBOL is successfully working to alleviate. Outreaching on a weekly basis to neighborhoods with high homeless rates. We deliver quality pet food for dogs and cats to ensure they receive proper nutrition. The leashes and collars are safety items to ensure that pets can be safely contained in high-traffic areas.
OBOL’s unique facet of work is our direct outreach to homeless people which donates to:
- 10 locations where homeless people are allowed to live with their pets.
- Homeless that live on the streets with their pets
- Churches and several nonprofits that have special programs for the homeless and their pets, but they do not have any pet supplies. As a result, they come to OBOL to get donated food, blankets, pet beds, leashes, collars, harnesses and treats for their companion.
- Low-Income Seniors that live with their pets
- Meals on Wheels for the seniors that live with their pets
- Veterans that live with their pets.
- Disabled that live with their pets